Business Development Manager (N.America)
Axiom’s employees are empowered to ‘IMAGINE’ the best possible solutions for our customers.This is the true essence of innovation and product development. Axiom’s growth has been driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a can do attitude and an empowered culture.
We manage the product and package development life cycle, from early stage R&D and technology feasibility to detailed electronics, mechanical engineering, and prototype development through to manufacturing for large consumer goods, medical device and package development companies.
Our teams, made up of researchers, industrial design engineers, product and packaging specialists, and manufacturing support engineers, thrive on innovating and finding effective solutions to unique and often steep challenges.
In addition, Axiom has an emerging portfolio of exciting digital products and solutions. These span the consumer to distribution continuum.
We are looking for an energetic, relationship builder for our Business Development Manager position.
- The Business Development Manager will connect with customer executives, decision makers and teams to develop lasting relationships, present our products and solutions, and build our project/product sales pipeline.
- Work with Axiom and Customer technical teams and product specialists to identify customer requirements, solve customer problems, and specify products or solutions.
- Draft and deliver Axiom proposals collaboratively with Axiom subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain territory plans including key accounts, stakeholders, buying processes, and forecasts which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Report to Axiom managers and leaders sales projections, market and customer insights, competitive threats, and future opportunities to deliver greater value to customers.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with Axiom marketing to develop and improve sales tools.
- Maintain all business development and sales information in the Axiom CRM – Salesforce.com
- BA/BS degree in applicable field. MBA is a plus.
- 4-7 years experience developing customer relationships, proposals, sales forecasts and problem solving
- 4+ years demonstrated sales growth- year after year
- 4-5 years experience in consumer products solutions sales; e.g. consumer packaging, consumer packaging processes, or technology
- Consultative Services selling is a desired plus
- Excellent communication skills for all levels within organizations including speaking and listening
- Excellent skills within the sales process – identifying prospects, presenting solutions and products, proposal drafting, negotiating and closing skills.
- Knowledge and use of CRM tools
- Must be tenacious and a driver committed to identifying and closing new business
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer